Congratulations, you are pregnant and soon a new bundle of precious joy will be joining your family. Never has it been more important than now to use eco-friendly products in your nursery. Harmful toxic chemicals can be detrimental to the environment and also to your baby's health.
It's important to ensure your baby is healthy from the beginning as well as protecting mother earth. Plus why not save the planet and do your bit in ensuring your child has a sustainable future. Babies need a lot of stuff, from diapers, to changing tables, clothing to strollers, toys to carriers. It can be an exhaustive shopping exercise to prepare for the coming of your baby and often quite over-whelming. With this comes an abundance of choice of eco-friendly baby products and decorating goods for creating the perfect zen palace for your babies nursery.
We now have a large variety of eco-friendly wallpapers to choose from. Traditional paints, fabrics and wallpapers can contain many harmful toxins that carry a toxic harsh chemical smell that can take days of airing to clear out of your baby's nursery.
We've rounded up our top ten favorite eco-friendly nursery decorating products that are super safe, toxin and chemical free that we know you'll love!
1) The Ouef Rhea Crib $600 is made from naturally sourced sustainable wood and finished with non-toxic paint.
2) Quiet home paints $45 no VOC, odorless, entirely non-toxic, and solvent-free paint
3) Pure and Simple crib mattress $345 made from renewable plant based foam
4) Rabbit and Bunny play chairs $226 made of Baltic birch plywood and all the finishes are non toxic, water-based and free of VOC health hazards
5) Cloud circle rug $365 made of 100% New Zealand wool, polypropylene mesh and synthetic based latex compound for the backing
6) Animal head mount $160 hand made from 100% felted wool
7) George the Octopus $58 removable wallpaper panel made from 100% non toxic eco friendly paper containing 30% post-consumer waste (PCW)
8) New Zealand Lamb Skin rug naturally temperature regulating, lambskins keep babies warm when it's winter and cool when it's summer. Tested to be free from Chrome VI and heavy metals.
9) Fog Linen Snuggle $28 created by designer Yumiko Sekine has crafted a beautiful collection of pieces for baby in a palette of soft natural organic cottons and sturdy linens.
10) Starry Night Mobile $45 made from bamboo laser-cut from food-grade safe bamboo also features 100% wool felt pieces.